Credits and Acknowledgments
This online project was developed with the support of the Digital Museums Canada investment program. Digital Museums Canada is managed by the Canadian Museum of History, with the financial support of the Government of Canada.
The Beaton Institute gratefully acknowledges the financial investment by the Canadian Museum of History in the creation of this online presentation for the Digital Museums Canada.
- Anna MacNeil, Project Assistant & Researcher
- Dr. Brian Tennyson, Historian
- Buoy Marketing and Production, Exhibit Design and Development; French Language Translation
- Eric Favaro, Educational Consultant
- Scott K. MacDonald, Graphic Design and Illustration
- Christie MacNeil, Digital Archivist
- Christopher Jones, Digitization Technician and Technical Production
- Daniel Farrow, Beaton Institute Intern and Performance (James Murphy)
- Todd Hiscock, Performance (Officer-in-Charge of Record Office)
- Bob Lewandowski, Performance (elder James Murphy)
- Shealyn Varnes, Performance (Helen Kendall)
- Homesick, the Margaree Song performed by Marion MacLeod and Kenneth MacLeod
Beaton Institute, Cape Breton University
- Jane Arnold, Archivist
- Catherine Arseneau, Director of Cultural Resources
- Centre for Cape Breton Studies, Cape Breton University
- School of Arts and Social Sciences, Cape Breton University
- Cape Breton Highlanders Museum
- Cape Breton Miners Museum
- Fortress Louisbourg Association
- Parks Canada - Cape Breton Field Unit
Thank you to the following individuals and organizations who assisted in the development of this exhibit: Jane Arnold, Alida Cupillari, Alea Cardarelli, Marc Beck, the VMC technical review team, Marion and Kenneth MacLeod, Devon Morrison, Dr. Richard MacKinnon, Dr. Andrew Parnaby, Dr. Tom Urbaniak, Dr. Don Nerbas, Anne MacNeil, Anne Connell, Todd Hiscock, Edyta Baczyk, Wendy Robicheau, Jim Macdonald, Robert MacLellan, John Clark, Alexander Comber, Andrew Ross, Dalton Campbell, Gabrielle Nishiguchi, John MacLeod, Mary Pat Mombourquette, Daniel Farrow, Mitchell Jabalee, Shealyn Varnes, Kate MacMullin, Neil MacIsaac, Ron Caplan, Donnie Wadman, Sarah Nicholson, Eddie Kennedy, Troy Allen, and Pierre Vandervelden.
A special thank you to all of the families who donated material to the Archive and graciously gave their time and support during the exhibit development - Kevin Murphy, James and Mary Murphy, Robert and Gayle MacDougall, Linda MacDougall Prendergast, and Phyllis Hubley.
All content on this website is protected by Canada's Copyright Act and other international conventions. Any reproduction, representation or transmission, in part or in whole, of the content of this website (i.e. texts, photographs, videos, music, voices, etc.) is not permitted without the express written consent of the Beaton Institute Archives and any copyright holders. The use of this content is permitted for research and private use, and for purposes granted by law. Digital modification of the content (i.e. alterations, cropping, additions, superimposing of graphic elements, modifying the colours, etc.) is strictly forbidden.
The use of this site and its contents is authorized for educational purposes by teachers and students, as well as for private study and research purposes.